Sunday, February 20, 2011

photos from 1st two days together

Liga, her foster mom, Maija and foster brother, Valdis.


Liga and her foster mom, Maija. She was so excited for Liga to find a family.


All of us with Daina, the lawyer in the background. For all those that are headed to Latvia...You will love this woman. She is a blessing and a true joy to be around.


Joe & Liga Coloring our apartment art!!!



Liga and I made a "Family Picture Quilt". It has a picture of our immediate family, including the dogs, my parents and my sister and her kids. I had her write the Latvian word for their title (ie. sister, grandparent...) and I wrote their names. I'm hoping it will help her remember their names and learn their faces.


I taught Liga how to use the Knifty Knitter. Her eyesight is very bad, so she must look very close to everything, especially fine details.


She is very dedicated to her knitting!!!! In fact she didn't put it down for 2 hrs.


Liga loves to cook and to be a help. She helped me make meatballs and spaghetti for dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Love the MOPS shirt :) Missed you Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE to read your adventures! Praying for you all and when you see my boy I need LOTS of hugs and kisses! I miss him soooo much! xxoo

    ReplyDelete