Monday, January 4, 2010

Men painting their daughters nails

They say that a person will treat their spouse like they treat their brother or sister, or their mom or dad. I don't have a sister but I love my mom tremendously. Growing up I would do things that would make my mom feel loved such as, rub her feet, french braid her hair, and even paint her nails. I still do that kind of stuff today with my wife and daughter. I especially like doing those things for my daughter because I want her to look for a man that will be interest in making her feel loved. I need to be the type of man that I want my daughter to marry.
Meggie is not big on touch, and she is also very shy. This stems from all that she has been through in her short life. (things that no child should have to go through) So, I have been doing everything I can to break down those walls. Yesterday was awesome, and much progress was made. She let me paint her nails! This may not seem like a big deal but she is trusting me more and more every day. She picked out the color red for her nails. When I started the second hand her forehead itched and she scratched it with her thumb nail leaving red finger nail polish all over her forehead. She realized she did it right away when she looked at her thumb and all the polish was gone. We all got a pretty good laugh out of it and I repainted the thumb. More quality time, I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment