Friday, January 15, 2010

Brenna's Take on Good-byes!

As I write this, Meggie is back in Latvia. We had an awesome time with her on Wednesday, the day before her departure. We laughed, played, did craft things and enjoyed a great meal together. She requested spaghetti with ketchup and Olive Garden delivered to order.


The only gliche in the day... I didn't get to say good-bye to her. When we dropped her off I had planned to come back with pictures to put in her photo book but things didn't work out. I didn't get to give her a huge hug and tell her good-bye. But you know what I truly believe with all my being? God ordained it to be that way! I would have been a basket-case and she wouldn't have understood that. She cried most of the night because she didn't want to go back to Latvia and that would have broken my heart even more to have witnessed that.

So, for me, I told her "See you Later"! Which I will!!!!! How awesome is that? It may take months of paperwork, tears and frustration but she is so worth the effort. I've done it for 14 + years with my biological children. I can surely do this for the child conceived in my heart!

By the way, we have paid 1/2 of the finder's fee to New Horizons for Children (hosting program) and the $50 Application Fee for Home Study. We know that God will provide the funds to bring Meggie back to her forever family. I've been reading an incredible Adoption Bible Study and something that has stood out to me is this: Christian Adoptive Families are missionaries that are bringing the mission to them. They are not only giving them a permanent family to call their own but they introduce them to their Lord and Savior, so that they can have a permanent family in Christ. That's adopting them twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment