Friday, February 19, 2010

His path, He's in Control!

It's been 5 weeks and 1 day since Meggie went back to Latvia and I am missing her so much. Somedays it's just looking at her picture, sometimes it's a song, sometimes it's hearing a little girl laugh, it's never the same, but it's what brings tears to my eyes as I wait for her to be home.

So... Yesterday we had Part II of the Home Study. We met our Social Worker in Springfield at the Library Center. We were late because I got us lost. But she was very gracious and we started our 2 hour interview process. She met privately with Joe and asked pretty much all the same questions he answered in his Questionnaire and a few more. They were done in less than 25 minutes. Then it was my turn, that took almost an hour. The questions weren't hard except you had to remember what you put; I guess they were verifying whether what we put was true and similar to the questionnaire. Then the kids all went in together. I was glad about that because they were all nervous. They thought they would have to go alone. Joe and I sat outside the room and could see in. It was nice to watch her talk with them and share several laughs together. I know she asked them how they felt about another sibling. What they wanted to do with her. What were some negatives and positives to another child in the family? They were glad when they were done.

We have our Dr. appts scheduled, reference people picked, and need to drop off forms for the kids Dr. to fill out. We will meet again with her on March 1. This time it'll be for Joe and me to discuss marriage stuff. Then we will be finished with our end of the it. Then they will scrutinize our answers, financial capabilities, and family dynamics to approve or not approve. That's all in God's hands!! He's the one that put us on this path ~ He can take the wheel!

I am learning quite a bit about potential situations and concerns while following the Tuckers journey in Latvia. From bringing laundry detergent and Beef Jerky because we won't get to the grocery store quickly to entertainment that needs to be brought. I'm writing everything down.

Well, that's all for today. We are sending another letter to Meggie tomorrow. I wish we had a way to communicate with her, where we get a response. It's tough being one-sided. This too shall come! Oh, we also sent off tons of documents to our Placing Agency this week. So good to get those out of our hands! Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment