Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our 1st visit with Meggie!

As a family we were able to spend the day with Meggie. I (Brenna) picked Meggie up @ 8:45 this morning. It's odd that everytime I go to see her or pick her up I get butterflies in my belly. When I left I started delegating chores around the house because I want her to come "home" to a clean house. How "Mom" of me!

Anyway, she didn't hesitate today! You see yesterday, Micah and I had the opportunity to spend a few hours with Meggie alone and she wasn't too hip on the idea at first. But we decorated gingerbread boys and ate way too much icing. She warmed up after some time and was excited that we were going to make cakes with the Easy Bake Oven today.

She immediately went to get her coat on today and asked if we were still going to make cake? How smart? On the way to the house she asked where Micah was. I'm sooo glad that she feels a connection with Micah because this process would be impossible without that. We talked all 10 miles to the house.

Today we were a flurry of action. We kept busy with watercoloring, Easy Bake Oven cakes & decorating the rest of the cookies, we played Hide & Seek, Joe played tag for awhile with the kids and we ate lunch. We also made a memory photo book for her. She asked if I had a picture of Micah and so, I gave her pic of everyone. We made spots for her host family and she took it home to show them.

When we said it was time to go she didn't want to goright then, she wanted to play somemore. Hooray for us. That's huge!!! She may not feel that way tomorrow but she did today and I am sooo excited.

We will see her tomorrow before the New Year's Eve festivities begin and then again on Saturday. I just can't spend too much time with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment